Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ryan Adams

Ryan Adams can be described as a barrier breaker in the music world. Every album is a new experience and genre to be experienced. His latest album titled "Easy Tiger" is one amazing eclectic album. With almost ballad sounding tunes to country jams, this album takes from his old albums and creates a new sound. The song "Off Broadway" is probably my personal favorite, reminding me of "New York, New York" from the "Gold" album.
Ryan Adams also tours with his band The Cardinals, and fronts the country band Whiskeytown. It almost depends on the mood he's in at the time. He is almost like a bipolar musician, but an amazing one at that. Out of all the albums Ryan Adams has released "Rock & Roll" has been my personal favorite. This album is a little bit heavier than the other albums. It shows a more exciting side to Ryan Adams. The song "So Alive" is one of my all time favorite songs, and was released on this album.
I have tried for years to get to seem him live, but tickets are hard to come by for his shows. the closest I've come was going to North Carolina but, tickets ended up being $75 apiece and I couldn't afford it. So if you ever get a chance definitely go check him out.

Ryan Adams

1 comment:

The Taylor Exclusive said...

Ryan Adams is a great musician. His sound is everchanging and it really does depend on the mood he is in to decide what he will do next. I listened to an interview with him awhile back and he is very interesting to say the least.