Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bright Eyes

Where do I begin with Bright Eye's?
Conner Oberst is the front man, and acclaimed "rock boy genius" by the music press. This is one amazing song writer. His most recent album "Cassadaga" is the his cleanest album yet. Almost every song has licks that slip off the track and get stuck in your head for days. This album is probably the most produced with dozens of instruments compiled on each track. His live shows have reflected his sophistication in music as well. He has just recently played with the Los Angeles Philharmonics. Which had to have been an amazing show.
Conner Oberst is known most for his lyrics. He has been compared to Bob Dylan, who is probably the greatest lyricist of our time. Bright Eyes has some songs that our very political, while others our just reflections on life in general. Overall the song writing is incredible.
His past albums "fevers and Mirrors," and "I'm Wide Awake It's Morning" are probably my favorite albums from Bright Eyes. If you want to listen to some of the best song writing of our time definitely check out Bright Eyes as soon as you can!

Bright Eyes

2 comments:

Madison Conger said...

Bright eyes makes some awesome music. have you ever heard "Lifted"? it's my favorite bright eyes album, but pretty much all his stuff is great.

Analyst of alot of bull crap said...

I like a few songs that he (his group) has done. Even though I don't fully agree with the message in "When the president talks to God" I love his word usage and cleaver lyrics.

I cannot wait to check out his new stuff!
AF